This is our second annual Pet Licensing Industry Research Report. To prepare this report we sent a survey to more than 400 managers of PLOs across the United States and Canada. We received 80 responses, of
these survey respondents, 79% were municipal (city, town, county) managers, 13% were affiliated with animal shelters, 5% were associated with police or sheriff departments and 3% selected "other".
We also used information collected from our many consultations with PLOs in the past year. Additional data was collected by reviewing the pet licensing web pages of more than 600 jurisdictions.
In this report you'll find:
• the impact of pet licensing revenue,
• best practices for cost tracking and management, communication and enforcement,
• standard pricing and policies,
• industry systems and efficiencies,
• regional/national averages,
...and much more!